Peloton will celebrate the heritage of Asian-Pacific Islander peoples throughout May with themed classes, music and exclusive apparel. The company is also making efforts to create a welcoming community.
Peloton explained in this morning its plans to celebrate Asian and Pacific Islander Heritage Months (APIHM) through May.
Peloton once again steps up to be a welcome voice for inclusion and community in a time of increasing hate and discrimination towards people of Asian descent. The blog post states that the fitness company believes the following:
Peloton is against any form of racism or xenophobia. This time can be difficult for the Asian and Pacific Islander communities. We are here to support you. (View a powerful essay written by Sam Yo .
Peloton will donate an additional $100,000 to AAF this month. AAF is an organization that promotes justice, wellbeing, and opportunity for Asian American communities. We will continue our partnership with AAF and support their mental wellness programs for Asian American families and individuals.
Peloton makes this donation to support a community in crisis. This is a great gesture for the Peloton community and its pledge to fight social injustices.
Peloton also recognizes the Asian and Pacific Islander communities from a content perspective. Aditi Shah will lead a meditation class Mondays, and there will be Yoga Flow pop classesbeginning Saturday, May 1. These are just a few of the themed classes that are scheduled for May:
- May 1, 2011 at 11:11 EDT: 30 minute APIHM Yoga Flow With Aditi Shah
- May 3, 2008 at 8 AM EDT: 30 minute APIHM Ride with Emma Lovewell
- May 3, 2009 at 9 a.m. EDT/ 2 p.m. GMT: 30 minutes APIHM Ride with Sam Yo
- May 10, at 8:30 AM EDT: 20-minute APIHM Celebration Full Body Strength With Selena Samuela
- May 10, at 6:00 PM EDT: 30 Minute APIHM Celebration Yoga Flow With Chelsea Jackson Roberts
- May 11, 2009 at 9:00 AM EDT: 20-minute APIHM Celebration Ride with Leanne Haisby
- May 11, 10:30 AM EDT: 30-minute APIHM Celebration Yoga Flow With Kristin McGee
- May 11, at 7:00 PM EDT: 30 Minute APIHM Icons Walk With Jess Sims
Peloton also hinted at an exclusive collection of apparel to celebrate Asian and Pacific Islander Heritage Month.
We created a collection with Aditi and Emma, which features custom prints that are inspired by florals from the Asian and Pacific Islander diaspora.
The blog post states that the collection will be available next week. Keep an eye out for it.