Peloton introduced a lower-cost tread while renaming their current treadmill to Tread+. This created a dilemma for both current owners and potential buyers of the Peloton. Continue reading to learn everything we know about Tread+ vs. Peloton Tread.
Peloton Tread vs. Tread+ pricing
The pricing structure is what many people find the most significant difference between the Tread+ and Tread+. The Tread+ starts from $4,295 without extended warranty, accessories or tax. The Tread+ will be available in 2021 for $2,495 including tax, extended warranty and accessories.
The Tread+ product is still available. However, it is the older of the two.
Many people wonder if the Peloton Tread+ premium is worth the extra $1,800. These features may be worth the extra cost depending on how you use your Peloton. These are just a few of the highlights.
Peloton Tread+ has a shock-absorbing, slat belt instead of a traditional running belt. The 32″ HD screen on the Peloton Tread+ is larger than the 23.8″ HD touch screen on its counterpart, the Peloton Tread.
The Tread+ is larger in dimensions than the Peloton Tread. The Tread+ measures 72.5″ Lx36.5″ Wx72″ H, while the Tread is 68.5″ Lx33.5″ Wx 62.62″ H. Peloton Tread will make a better choice for those with limited space. The Tread+ has 67” running space, while the Peloton Tread has 59”.
Peloton Tread+ has a sound system that is more advanced than the Tread. The soundbar has a frequency response of 70Hz to 20KHz and includes a 20W soundbar. Peloton Tread features front-facing stereo speakers as well as 2.2 Channel with rear-facing subwoofers
There are other possibilities and ends you should consider:
- Both treadmills recommend a dedicated circuit of 15A.
- Peloton Tread+ 24′ more than the user’s tallness vs. Treadmill 20”.
- Each treadmill comes with 4GB RAM, a Qualcomm QCS605 Processor at 2.5GHz, and 16GB storage.
- Tread has a USB C charging port, while Tread+ has a USB A charging port.
- Tread supports Bluetooth 4.0 for the Tread+. The Bluetooth version will not make any difference in daily use.
- Tread comes with a 4-digit array microphone while Tread+ has a basic microphone.
What Peloton Tread should I buy?
The new Peloton Tread is a great purchase for most people. Peloton has a better/better product strategy. However, there’s no reason to spend $1,800 more to get the Tread+ unless your need is urgent.
Bike+, the more recent product, included many of the latest technical features and upgraded speakers. The new treadmill was the “better” product and it had more advanced components than the Tread+, despite being a lower-cost product. The Tread+ is a new product from Peloton. However, there are likely to be more reasons to buy the Tread+ in the future. The Peloton Tread is the best option for most buyers until then.
Refer to AYTT8Q to get $100 off your purchase of a treadmill.
- Peloton launches a new Field Testing beta program. Here’s how you can sign up
- An overview of the original Peloton Kickstarter campaign
- Peloton now adds a filter called ‘Your tags working out now
- Jess King is now a Peloton Tread Instructor, and new classes are available today
- Peloton’s new Tread+ warranty has a longer term for parts
- Peloton Bike or Bike+? Which one should you choose?
- Peloton’s new Bike+ and lower-cost treadmill details [Gallery]
Bradley’s favourite Peloton accessories
- Battery powered fan
- Heart rate monitor
- AirPods Pro
- Panache Muscle Recovery
- Peloton referral Code:
Follow Connect the Watts:
- Twitter: @ConnectTheWatts
- Instagram: @ConnectTheWatts
- Newsletter Sign up